• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

joiei

joiei

I make hummus but I am bored with my recipe. I can make a meal out of vegies and some excellent hummus.  I need a recipe for a better hummus than what I have.  So you all can help me.  This is part of my new diet designs.  First question, a source for quality dried garbanzos.  I live in Oklahoma and it is winter, the chance for fresh beans is not a happening thing. Do you cook your beans in stock or water?  I have never peeled the cooked beans, is it worth my time?  All suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

joiei

joiei

I make hummus but I am bored with my recipe. I can make a meal out of vegies and some excellent hummus.  I need a recipe for a better hummus than what I have.  So you all can help me.  This is part of my new diet designs.