• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Allura

Ingredient translation request

I'm hoping someone can help out a friend of mine. She received a gift of tea, but has some allergies she needs to be careful about. Could someone help translate the ingredient list below? Much appreciated! 

received_10215090902088246.jpeg

Tokyo Tower Peach & Berry Tea (Flavored Black/Indian Tea)
Ingredients: Black/Indian tea, sugar?, pink peppercorns, heath-flower, elder flower, flavoring, Monascus purpureus coloring

Countries of origin: Vietnam, India, Korea

The only doubt I have is that the term "arare" COULD be either tiny balls of toasted rice flour dough, or tiny balls of sugar. The picture I saw on the internet seemed to have only pink peppercorns, so I am guessing "sugar" rather than "toasted crunchy bits", but your friend will be able to confirm by taking a closer look.

Thank you very much! Her allergy is to strawberry, so she should be fine. :)

• Like 1