• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Fangled 'Copper' Cookware

IndyRob

3 minutes ago, IndyRob said:

After doing my rounds this holiday season, I've come to the conclusion that we may need to increase the size of all the big box stores in order to accommodate all of this new 'copper' cookware.

What the heck is going on?

Gives us a clue. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Ah yes.  I have seen some of the stuff in discount stores. If it’s copper then I have a degree in metallurgy that I didn’t know about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, IndyRob said:

After doing my rounds this holiday season, I've come to the conclusion that we may need to increase the size of all the big box stores in order to accommodate all of this new 'copper' cookware.

What the heck is going on?

Hella marketing is what's going on.  Carry on.

I have friends that absolutely love it, but I am not giving up my All Clad.  I did get one piece because it was on sale for $11.99 at Fry's: Gotham Steel Nonstick Copper Crisper Tray. I have used it twice in the Breville Smart Oven Air and so far it has performed well.  The non-stick coating worked extremely well but time will tell if it holds up.

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted link to be Amazon-friendly (log)
  • Like 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs