• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Alicianickjay

Help identifying Le Creuset

Hello! My boyfriend recently bought this piece of (what he assumed was) Le Creuset for me off of Craigslist. He said the sellers seemed like honest folk and the piece looks authentic (to my untrained eye), but I've yet to find anything similar after some exhaustive Googling. I'm starting to think it's a fraud! Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks for reading!

E4F94D8D-0D7D-451C-9091-3296E84FBF8B.jpeg

C1ED5F54-03E3-46D9-A0F1-3972CBD987ED.jpeg

I have quite a few pieces of LC and, while, none are quite like yours, it looks pretty authentic to me.

why do you questions it?

can you weigh it?  That could be a clue.

Edited by lindag (log)

I suppose the only reason I question it is because I haven't been able to find anything like it anywhere on the internet. With the lid it weighs between 9.5 and 10 pounds. 

I only own one piece (inherited), but this looks pretty legit.  It looks like they offer both smooth enameled interiors and black enameled interiors.

We've just had an actual Le Creuset store open near us and I've been looking for a reason to go in.  If no one else has an answer, I'd be willing to take the question there.

I have never seen one with those raised lines in the interior of a pot but other than that it looks authentic. 

I would suggest that you email your photo to Le Creuset and ask them if they have any more information about this piece. 

Thanks IndyRob, that's sweet! Curls, those raised lines are what throws me off the most. I can't find another pot with them. Maybe I will email LC to see what they say. 

Cool! Thanks! If anyone is interested, I actually emailed Le Creuset and they confirmed it is a real piece. They said, "Thanks for your recent inquiry. Your cookware is authentic and it’s one of Le Creuset’s older pieces. This item is called a Dutch Oven with a grill bottom in case you want to grill the meat first. This is a beautiful dish enjoy. Thanks for trusting Le Creuset of America." The mystery is solved! 

• Like 9