• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What would you not part with?

Cronker

2 hours ago, Norm Matthews said:

I lost everything in a fire in the 70's. Most of the items but not the sentiments were replaced thanks to antique stores and later, ebay. The kitchen treasures now are fairly new, being gifts, mainly from my son.  One item I enjoy is this knife forged in pre WWII France.  A non kitchen treasure is this hat from my son.  When he was 5 or 6, we were in a dept. store. He saw this hat and said I had to get it. Why? Because people who are famous wear this kind of hat. He got up on a chair and put it on my head, adjusted it and said, "Say 'Here's lookin at you, Kid' "

20171212_093559.jpg

Good story, great hat.  It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit that I realized you were not talking about the hat with the rose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Good story, great hat.  It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit that I realized you were not talking about the hat with the rose.

LOL. The girl that was the inspiration for that image was Evelyn Nesbit,  a super model at the turn of the last century.  Not knowing who she was, Lucy Montgomery, said a picture of her in a magazine was her inspiration for how Anne of Green Gables should look.  We live on Prince Edward Island St. and in order to get here, you have to go on or cross streets named Charlottetown Rd., Green Gables and Lucy Montgomery Way.  I thought it an apt picture for this address.

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...