• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Veggie Bullet: do they live up to their promotion?

Darienne

I have a feeling that some posted a topic like this... but I can't recall the name of the product.  On my flyer, it's called a Veggie Bullet and it slices, shreds and spiralizes.  350W motor.  With a blender attachment.  On sale for $179.00 (This is Canada.)

I don't care about spiralizing.  I already have a good blender.  But my hands don't work anymore and I ask my DH to slice and shred and chop vegetables and meat.  And cheese.

Any reports on this item?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Sorry that I didn't post the site where I found it.  And what I found does not make sense.   It's listed at well over $200.00 Canadian.  I have no idea of what I first found or where it has gone to.  Sorry.  

We could just skip the thing if you like.  I am not paying over $200.00 as long as I have Mr. DH, The Excellent Chopper Guy.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Darienne,

I bought the salad shooter pro for the same reason.  I have grated more cheese in the time I've owned it than I have in the last year because it's so easy to do.

I haven't tried sliding or shredding yet, however.  But it comes with four cones that slice, shred and grate.

It's easy to clean up; the cone and housing fit nicely in a corner of the d/w.  And it's a whole lot cheaper than the Bullet.  The Amazon ratings are quite good.

• Like 1

Hi Lindag, 

Thanks.  I went to Amazon.ca and we don't seem to have the Salad Shooter pro available and I see that the US Amazon will not ship to Canada.  Oh well...it seemed like a good idea at the time......

• Sad 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

20 hours ago, Darienne said:

Hi Lindag, 

Thanks.  I went to Amazon.ca and we don't seem to have the Salad Shooter pro available and I see that the US Amazon will not ship to Canada.  Oh well...it seemed like a good idea at the time......

Darienne,

I also have one of these mini choppers that I use for herbs and onion and garlic, etc.

It works well for small amounts, is easy to clean and pretty effortless to use (no strain on the hands).

I think it is an item that is available in Canada.

21 hours ago, Darienne said:

Hi Lindag, 

@Darienne Did you see my link to it?

2 hours ago, lindag said:

Darienne,

I also have one of these mini choppers that I use for herbs and onion and garlic, etc.

It works well for small amounts, is easy to clean and pretty effortless to use (no strain on the hands).

I think it is an item that is available in Canada.

Looks good.  Two brands were available in Canada.  One had good reviews....and the other really, really bad ones.  Both looked identical.  Pig in a poke like most stuff you buy now.  Thanks, Lindag.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

42 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Darienne  no, but i believe @lindag does.

Yes, I have a similar model though mine has a different housing.

the cones are the same.  I love mine and it works really well.

I'm sad that things are so much more expensive in Canada.  Wish I could ship to you.

3 hours ago, lindag said:

Yes, I have a similar model though mine has a different housing.

the cones are the same.  I love mine and it works really well.

I'm sad that things are so much more expensive in Canada.  Wish I could ship to you.

Kind of you to think about it, lindag.  And yes, things are more expensive in Canada...but that's just the way it is.  

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.