• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tralfaz

tralfaz

@Smithy

Right now I'm mostly interested in southeast asian,  Korean through Malaysian.  I live in a small tourist town on the water.  I've worked in semi "healthy" restaurants, breakfast, pizza.  Nothing very exciting.  I've done a little cheese mongering too.

I've been doing hand dipped chocs at home for years, always willing to try any new thing.  i have to check out the boutique chocolatiers wherever I go.   I made my first butter ganache yesterday and now I'm experimenting with whipping  it.

@Kerry Beal

I'm located near Seattle, just read about the workshop.  I do have some vacation time I need to use.  Let me think.  But tell me,  how did the tobacco and port turn out?

tralfaz

tralfaz

@Smithy

Right now I'm mostly interested in southeast asian,  Korean through Malaysian.  I live in a small tourist town on the water.  I've worked in semi "healthy" restaurants, breakfast, pizza.  Nothing very exciting.  I've done a little cheese mongering too.

I've been doing hand dipped chocs at home for years, always willing to try any new thing.  i have to check out the boutique chocolatiers wherever I go.   I made my first butter ganache yesterday and now I'm experimenting with aerating it.

@Kerry Beal

I'm located near Seattle, just read about the workshop.  I do have some vacation time I need to use.  Let me think.  But tell me,  how did the tobacco and port turn out?