• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Toliver

"Top Chef" Season 15

I was surprised to see that season 15 is starting tonight. It starts at 10 P.M. and is an hour and 15 minutes long (info for those of you who record the show).

Whoever is in charge of Bravo promos should be fired as I haven't seen any promos regarding this new season of the show.

From the Bravo web site, it looks like this season starts in Colorado. Here's a link to an "Introduction to Season 15" video: click

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lisa Shock said:

Thanks! I had no idea!

Yes. Exactly. Who knew?

Thanks for the heads up.  We always tape it so it is good to know.

Stumbled on today myself.  mysterious marketing

Interesting group of chefs, and a new twist on LCK. Looks like an interesting season. (trying to be spoiler-free here)

I am always amazed at the amount of pomposity and puffed-up bravado displayed by the contestants.

Then a simple error in the kitchen takes them down. "Uhm, your potato chip was burnt."

And there's their personal takes on fusion cuisines..."No one else is cooking this way!" ("Well, perhaps there's a reason why...")...it's all becoming irritating.

Can they even do any of the classics? Give me a simple pot roast and save the spin on it for the next customer. 

• Like 1

I recall a couple years ago when most couldn't cook an omelet.  Puck showed them and made a pretty ratty looking thing himself

• Like 1

" ‘Top Chef’ cuts John Besh from episode after sexual harassment allegations"

It's a link to a Washington Post article...sorry if you hit a paywall when you click on the link.

Celebrity chef John Besh has been edited out of an episode of “Top Chef” set to air in January because of sexual harassment allegations against him, a Bravo network spokeswoman told The Washington Post late Tuesday. Besh had served as guest judge on the program for years....

...Tom Colicchio, lead judge on “Top Chef,” told Eater that the network “worked really hard” to edit Besh out of the episode. “Bravo to Bravo for making this decision,” Colicchio said. “. . . It’s great that they spent the time and did the right thing.”

• Like 1

Spoilers!

Ok, I was a bit disappointed in the main challenge. Potatoes, at least certain preparations can be challenging to make if you have to re-heat them. I think it was a bit unfair to just give a couple of hours the day before and then a very brief amount of time on the day of the event. IMO, no wonder the stew tasted warmed over, it was. (scorching it did not help, but, it was the re-heating which was a real negative for the potatoes)

• Like 1