• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I'm afraid that I would have been more vocal and more demonstrative...  in fact I have in the past been much more vocal when someone used my knives without permission.

I am very fussy about my knives I keep them in the best condition I can.

No one sharpens my knives but me and no one uses my knives on a hone but me.  I too use a ceramic "steel" and have for the past 35+ years since Dexter first offered one.

I agree with Toliver.  Soup guy can bring his own knife if he can bring his own steel. 

andiesenji

andiesenji

I'm afraid that I would have been more vocal and more demonstrative...  in fact I have in the past been much more vocal when someone used my knives without permission.

I am very fussy about my knives I keep them in the best condition I can.

No one sharpens my knives but me and no one uses my knives on a hone but me.  I too use a ceramic "steel" and have for the past 25+ years since Dexter first offered one.

I agree with Toliver.  Soup guy can bring his own knife if he can bring his own steel.