• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas Chocolate and Confections Redux

Kerry Beal

5 hours ago, Jim D. said:

@tikidoc:  That sounds very successful. I'll be interested in whether there is any leaking. I just looked at my notes from Jean-Marie's caramel, and the unusual ingredients I mentioned earlier were isomalt (for shelf life, he said), sorbitol, baking soda, and lecithin. This is the recipe for hazelnut-vanilla caramels included in our workshop packets, or are you referring to a different recipe?

I think it may have been from the previous trip to Las Vegas. I load recipes I like into a program called "Paprika" and didn't note the date. I'll PM you the recipe. Not sure of the protocol for posting...

Busy holiday season, not a lot of photos to post! Here is a photo of a mixed assortment box (raspberry pate de fruit & marzipan, milk chocolate with crunchy peanut butter, dark chocolate with crunchy peanut butter, mints, and bourbon ganache). Not pictured are the dark chocolate dipped candied ginger & dark chocolate dipped candied orange peel.

5a47ee42a7553_IMG_5142-assortmentbox.jpg.eeb009317b37237f80fee67d67bbef4b.jpg

• Like 10