• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Viking Mixer Whip

Jean

Hi - I have a 7 qtViking Mixer and the whip attachment has broken. The ‘tines’ have come unattached. I know they have discontinued the mixer - does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I read somewhere on here that someone else had the same problem and found a replacement, but I can’t message that person to see where he bought it. Any help would be so appreciated- thank you!

Sometimes used or new accessories will show up on eBay. Go there and type something like, 'Viking 7qt whip' into search. There won't be many results, but, look around in the upper left of the search results where it tells you how many results you got. Right next to that statement is the option to save the search (it has a little heart next to it) click that and save your search. I'd save two versions, one with 'whip' and one with 'whisk' -without the quotes. This way, you will receive an email when someone lists a relevant item. 

Good luck, and once you do find one, treat it gently. It should not be banged around so much. You can gently snap it towards the bowl to clean it, but make sure the tines do not make contact with the bowl. Also, make sure you're using the proper attachments for the job at hand. I recently saw someone famous on TV using the whip attachment to make cookies, that was pretty cringe-worthy. The whip should be used for making whipped cream, icing, and light fillings. Use the paddle for cake batter, cookies, quick breads, etc.

Thank you - yes, I’ve been searching everywhere, including eBay. And I do treat the whip with care. It was so strange that it broke like it did. I see it has happened to many others too, so I don’t know. I love my mixer though. It appears that others aren’t sold on it at all. 

On 11/27/2017 at 12:54 AM, Jean said:

Hi - I have a 7 qtViking Mixer and the whip attachment has broken. The ‘tines’ have come unattached. I know they have discontinued the mixer - does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I read somewhere on here that someone else had the same problem and found a replacement, but I can’t message that person to see where he bought it. Any help would be so appreciated- thank you!

I believe that the Viking mixer was a rebranded Kenwood mixer.  I bet you could buy the whip for the equivalent size Kenwood (you might have to buy it from a UK website) and it will fit fine.