• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lodge Dishwasher Safe Cast Iron Skillets!?

Martin Fisher

I just stumbled upon these...

Lodge Dishwasher Safe Seasoned Cast Iron Skillets!?

Interesting! g.gif

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Yes, interesting....

CLEANING & CARE
There’s nothing better than a home-cooked meal, and Lodge’s dishwasher safe line just made that easier. Items in this line undergo a patented heat-treating process to make the iron rust-resistant. Hand washing this pan with warm soapy water is recommended to preserve the cookware’s seasoned finish. For extra stuck-on bits, an occasional trip through the dishwasher is fine, just apply a thin coat of cooking oil to it afterward to maintain the seasoning. Lodge prides itself on high quality and timeless design, which has now been matched with new technology and convenience.

(highlighting above is mine)

Wonder what the "patented heat-treating process" is?

24 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The link did not work.

I edited it.

Try it again. :)

• Like 1

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

30 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Wonder what the "patented heat-treating process" is?

Metallurgist voodoo, no doubt! xD

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 2