• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baked Pancakes with Millet Groats and Cauliflower

Kasia

BAKED PANCAKES WITH MILLET GROATS AND CAULIFLOWER

We like pancakes. My son likes them with sugar regardless of what kind of pancakes I prepare. Today I decided to encourage him to eat some pancakes with something else. I prepared spicy vegetable pancakes. Unfortunately, I underestimated my son. For him, sugar goes with every kind of pancake. The rest of our family ate them with natural Greek yoghurt. I think that they would be excellent with stew, cucumber salsa or fresh salad.

One of the ingredients of these pancakes is nigella, which is increasingly in our kitchen. As well as the taste properties, nigella can be used as an alternative to pepper. Reportedly, it also has healing properties. It has a soothing effect on gastric mucosa, protects the liver and the kidneys and helps alleviate allergies and skin problems. Additionally, cauliflower acts as a decoration in pancakes with millet groats.

The recipe comes from www.naszakasza.pl

Ingredients (15 pancakes)
100g of millet groats
200g of cauliflower
4 tablespoons of wholemeal flour
half an onion
a clove of garlic
3 teaspoons of nigella
2 eggs
salt and pepper

Heat the oven up to 180C. Cover a baking sheet with some baking paper.
Boil the millet groats in salty water. Dice the cauliflower and onion. Crush a clove of garlic. Mix together the groats, eggs, cauliflower, flour, onion, garlic and nigella. Spice it up with salt and pepper. Form small pancakes and put them on the baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes.

DSC_0157a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram