• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marketing Mis-Steps

heidih

Just got back from local major market Ralphs (Kroger child). The 12 oz frozen vegetables are on sale for $1 so I picked up a spinach and then the black-eyed pea caught my eye....really????? Southern Style- what cuz they only eat them "down there" - ingredients = peas + water!!!

IMG_0380.JPG

• Haha 2

I wonder if the bowl of beans on the package is what is sometimes referred to as a "serving suggestion"xD

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

But it is just a bowl -0-beans. The serving suggestion should be for "Hoppin' John" or "Texas Caviar"  -check out those US sub specialties!

Edited by heidih (log)