• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Morató and Sugars

ChristysConfections

I am now in possession of Ramon Morató’s Chocolate book. I am very intruigued to try applying his formula to my recipes and see what happens. I know there was another thread about this, but have other’s applied his formula with positive results?

I want to try some of his recipes as well. And that means I am looking for dextrose and possibly sorbitol. Does anyone know of a Canadian source for these items? I could order from the USA as well, though it is less preferable.

Many thanks!

Christy

- Christy -

"My rule is to welcome you with hospitality and to send you away in peace." - The Deserts Fathers

Dextrose is easy - look for it in brew stores, european markets. 

Sorbitol I usually buy on Amazon.com and bring it across the border. But Qualifirst in Toronto lists it.

Apparently Nuts.com will ship to Canada 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Thanks for the reply, Kerry. You have the answers to everything, it seems. And I am grateful!

I’m going to a European market for some speculoos cookies so I will ask around for dextrose, otherwise a brew store will be easy to find. :) 

- Christy -

"My rule is to welcome you with hospitality and to send you away in peace." - The Deserts Fathers