• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

25 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

I skipped the sausage rolls this week but only because the plan is sausage rolls for the Iron Bowl next weekend. 

War Damn Eagle!

(Because I loathe Alabama on prinicple, and Gus Malzahn is a good guy.)

My favorite day of the year is New Year's Day, because I get up early, cook my greens and black eyed peas, and make up a whole horde of snacky stuff to munch on all day while watching football. I have a feeling sausage rolls may make an appearance then, if not before. The other favorite is silver dollar sized latkes, topped with a schmear of real sour cream (usually I sub Greek yogurt) and caviar. The CSO, by the way, also excels at reheating latkes.

kayb

kayb

21 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

I skipped the sausage rolls this week but only because the plan is sausage rolls for the Iron Bowl next weekend. 

War Damn Eagle!

(Because I loathe Alabama on prinicple, and Gus Malzahn is a good guy.)

My favorite day of the year is New Year's Day, because I get up early, cook my greens and black eyed peas, and make up a whole horde of snacky stuff to munch on all day. I have a feeling sausage rolls may make an appearance then, if not before. The other favorite is silver dollar sized latkes, topped with a schmear of real sour cream (usually I sub Greek yogurt) and caviar. The CSO, by the way, also excels at reheating latkes.