• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BlackTail Bar NYC - Rum Blend?

whoismarcel

Ok. So I've read that the Blacktail bar in New York work with their own rum blend, to closer capture an authentic Cuban rum in the early 1900's. The blend consists of Bacardí Heritage, Caña Brava, Barbancourt white rum and Banks 5 Island. But does anyone know the ratio between all of these? Living on the other side of the world has made it difficult for me to waltz in and ask the bartenders. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience having mixed a good chunk of the Dead Rabbit Drinks Manual, the Dead Rabbit m.o. is to make things complicated, but not fussy. The Dead Rabbit's rum blend is equal parts Smith & Cross, Cruzan Blackstrap, and Banks 7. I have to think that equal parts would be a safe starting point for Blacktail's blend.