• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pumpkin pancakes with fig preserve

Kasia

Pumpkin pancakes with fig preserve,

Once, when I planned pancakes for dinner, I always used to think about potato pancakes. I prepared them with onion and pepper and served them with sugar or cream. A few years ago, when I was carving a Jack O' Lantern, I made pumpkin pancakes for the first time. I prepared them like potato pancakes, but they were milder, and we liked them so much that we forgot about potato ones for a long time.

Today I prepared these yummy and very simple pancakes. I used butternut squash, which is my new favourite food. You can prepare the fig preserve from fresh fruit. We brought some excellent fig preserve back from our summer holiday. It went very well with these summer pumpkin pancakes. For anyone who doesn't like fruit in their pancakes, I recommend maple syrup or natural yoghurt.

Ingredients (for 20 pancakes)
600g of peeled pumpkin
half an onion
5 tablespoons of flour
2 eggs
salt and pepper
oil for frying

Peel the fresh pumpkin and grate it. Add salt and leave it in a bowl for an hour. Dice the onion. Drain the pumpkin, then mix in the eggs, flour and onion, and then spice it up with salt and pepper. Fry the pancakes on a low heat until golden. Serve with your favourite condiments.

DSC_0042.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram