• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pumpkin muffins with chocolate

Kasia

Pumpkin muffins with chocolate

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for a dessert which was made with internet inspiration and the combination of two other recipes: carrot cake and pumpkin muffins with fruit stew. These muffins were an immediate hit at my Halloween party last year. I had to use baked and blended pumpkin for them. This time I used raw, grated pumpkin. I prepare carrot cake in exactly the same way. One of the ingredients in both desserts is cinnamon. It gives baked goods a slight taste of gingerbread. Thanks to the juicy vegetables, the muffins are moist and yummy even the next day.

Ingredients (for 24 muffins)
210g of grated pumpkin
2 eggs
200g of flour
180ml of oil
180ml of milk
130g of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
100g of chopped dark chocolate
150g of white chocolate

Heat the oven up to 180C. Put some paper muffin moulds into the "dimples" of a baking pan for muffins.
Mix together the dry ingredients of the muffins: flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix together the grated pumpkin, oil, milk and egg in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix them in. Put the dough into some paper muffin moulds. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie. Decorate the muffins with the chocolate.

DSC_1087a.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

• Like 1

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram