• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Thanks Chris. I wondered about the chocolate chips because that’s all I have on hand i.e., High quality chocolate for making Bonbons.  But since my daughter was out shopping I got her to grab me some baking chunks of dark chocolate. Can’t hurt I don’t suppose

OK I have some  Dutch processed and some dark doesn’t seem that it matters a whole lot.  Probably missed reading about it somewhere. 

Yes. My suspicion was that you were working everything by hand. I think I will have to stick to the machine for physical reasons. Besides doesn’t cause me any grief anyway. 

Hoping some of my questions will help others when they get to baking with their books.  xD   Where are they all anyway?  

Anna N

Anna N

Thanks Chris. I wondered about the chocolate chips because that’s all I have on hand i.e., High quality chocolate for making Bonbons.  But since my daughter was out shopping I got her to grab me some baking chunks of dark chocolate. Can’t hurt I don’t suppose

OK I have some  Dutch processed and some dark doesn’t seem that it matters a whole lot.  Probably missed reading about it somewhere. 

Yes. My suspicion was that you were working everything by hand. I think I will have to stick to the machine for physical reasons. Besides doesn’t cause me any grief anyway. 

Hoping some of my questions will help others when they get to baking with their books.Hoping some of my questions will help others when they get to baking with their books.  xD   Where are they all anyway?