• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

The dough to make 1 500g loaf of cinnamon raisin swirl is now fermenting.  

The dough seems a tad bit dry - but I'm guessing that's from all the stress it just experienced in the mixer.

We're using 100% of the smear and 100% of the raisins for 50% of the dough.  Should be enough :)

I found this recipe a few days ago and wanted to make it - we finished up the Country style loaf (which spent 2 days in plastic rap, and actually didn't dry out too much)  as French Toast for lunch - worked quite well.  Used the ATK recipe for dense European bread french toast.

Raamo

Raamo

The dough to make 1 500g lough of cinnamon raisin swirl is now fermenting.  

The dough seems a tad bit dry - but I'm guessing that's from all the stress it just experienced in the mixer.

We're using 100% of the smear and 100% of the raisins for 50% of the dough.  Should be enough :)

I found this recipe a few days ago and wanted to make it - we finished up the Country style loaf (which spent 2 days in plastic rap, and actually didn't dry out too much)  as French Toast for lunch - worked quite well.  Used the ATK recipe for dense European bread french toast.