• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Clarity

In Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine, I've noticed they start by putting in the yeast, then flour etc, then water. This is the exact opposite of the way I've always loaded (any) bread machine. Do you suppose that matters?

Also, I don't mix the dry stuff together first; I just dump as is into the bread bucket. Do you suppose that matters?

Also they mention Semolina Granules (*not* flour) and Durum Flour Integrale (whole grain semolina). Does anyone use either of these? Sourced from?

So, I've had a bread machine (multiple) for more than 30 years and this book is a *totally* new way of making bread for me. 🤣 🤣

TdeV

TdeV

In Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine, I've noticed they start by putting in the yeast, then flour etc, then water. This is the exact opposite of the way I've always loaded (any) bread machine. Do you suppose that matters?

Also, I don't mix the dry stuff together first; I just dump as is into the bread bucket. Do you suppose that matters?

Also they mention Semolina Granules (*not* flour) and Durum Flour Integrale (whole grain semolina). Does anyone use either of these? Sourced from?

So, I've had a bread machine (multiple) for more than 30 years and this is a *totally* new way of making bread for me. 🤣 🤣