• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

For macaroni & cheese I'm pretty sure you want shredded cheese rather than grated.

Actually, what I meant was  to use it for parm and the like.  I have discs that I could use for softer cheese.

I could tolerate using the FP once in a blue moon  for grating parmesan but don't want to on a regular basis.

Waiting to see what the Salad Shooter will do with all types of cheese...it's due in the post today; I'll let you know how well it works when I get a chance to  put it through its paces.

I have very high hopes.

lindag

lindag

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

For macaroni & cheese I'm pretty sure you want shredded cheese rather than grated.

Actually, what I meant was  to use it for parm and the like.  I have discs that I could use for softer cheese.

I could tolerate using the FP once in a blue moon  for grating parmesan but don't want to on a regular basis.

Waiting to see what the Salad Shooter will do with all types of cheese...it's due in the post today; I'll let you know how well it works when I get a chance to  put it through its paces.