• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, dcarch said:

Snow storms can delay your job ------ There was one recent year in NY area, snow storms every other week.

dcarch

We did our renovation in DC in 2009.  Massive snow. Columbia Road basically impassable. My contractor was aggravated. I was the project manager. It got done in under 3 months. Using stuff from Home Depot, etc. This job is a little more high end. And I wasn't, at least until now, the project manager.

At this point, I plan on being in everyone's face on a daily basis. What's with people not wanting to do the best job they can?

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, dcarch said:

Snow storms can delay your job ------ There was one recent year in NY area, snow storms every other week.

dcarch

We did our renovation in DC in 2009.  Massive snow. Columbia Road basically impassable. My contractor was aggravated. I was the project manager. It got done in under 3 months. Using stuff from Home Depot, etc. This job is a little more high end.