• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Chocdoc Goûte Paris

Kerry Beal

5 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Wednesday we are headed to Seattle for the NW Chocolate Festival. Then there will be a boring stretch that just involves work and day to day life until January.

I read that too fast and thought you were saying how boring Seattle will be - I'm sorry, we just can't compete with Paris!  xD

It's supposed to warm up next weekend, but we've been having some wacky weather - two days of snow flurries this early is highly unusual!   Bring layers, anything might happen.

Seattle is never boring! But I fear for my legs climbing the hill outside our B&B - last year I thought my legs were going to fall off and my lungs explode.

I assume you'll be doing the show again?  I'll come look for you. 

I'm counting on bringing nice weather with me.

• 3 months later...

Having been absent from eGullet for a while it was with great pleasure that I came across this thread and was able to read it all in one go.  Had I known you were in Paris I would certainly have tried to join you, at least to say hello.  Next time perhaps.

How did the EZTemper go at the Salon?  I read and see a great deal about the Salon every year but have never visited in person.  To be honest for those of us not in the profession there is enough mastery of chocolate to be seen in a walk around Paris, or any decent sized French town.  I hope that the visit was good for you professionally as well as interesting from a more visiting type perspective, if that makes sense...

I’m off to rural France tomorrow for a week, weather permitting.  

Thanks for all the pictures and for your perspective on one of my favourite places to be.

26 minutes ago, DianaB said:

Having been absent from eGullet for a while it was with great pleasure that I came across this thread and was able to read it all in one go.  Had I known you were in Paris I would certainly have tried to join you, at least to say hello.  Next time perhaps.

How did the EZTemper go at the Salon?  I read and see a great deal about the Salon every year but have never visited in person.  To be honest for those of us not in the profession there is enough mastery of chocolate to be seen in a walk around Paris, or any decent sized French town.  I hope that the visit was good for you professionally as well as interesting from a more visiting type perspective, if that makes sense...

I’m off to rural France tomorrow for a week, weather permitting.  

Thanks for all the pictures and for your perspective on one of my favourite places to be.

It was a pretty good show for sure. Just negotiating our booth for this year now.

4 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

It was a pretty good show for sure. Just negotiating our booth for this year now.

In that case hope to have chance to meet you in the Autumn.  If you would be interested in extending your visit by a couple of days to visit the Loir region a little it would be a pleasure to arrange that for you, or of course if you fancy relaxing for a couple of days in North Yorkshire after the salon that would be another alternative.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

1E89B802-8C5A-4704-8493-53583225788B.thumb.jpeg.5ef70bafed7bfe8da9c5ae7469edce6c.jpeg

So here we are again - @Alleguede and I are in the Air Canada Lounge awaiting our flight to Paris. This year we have a booth at the Salon du Chocolat and EZtemper is a sponsor of the World Chocolate Masters.

We were given a tour of the Air Canada Signature Lounge - @Alleguede supplies the bread, ice cream and viennoisere for this very posh lounge. It was rather depressing to come back to the regular business class lounge with it’s sad breads and other food. I’m doing my usual jet lag prevention diet and today is a low calorie day with carbs for dinner.

2ADDF03B-4369-46EA-86B1-EF46EF540932.thumb.jpeg.6569101609189f8424b9339d69e94019.jpeg

• Like 8

F22AC7FF-0586-42A6-8A58-40D7C0677E38.thumb.jpeg.c765e7faee4f0d4a7010757e5efa6ef3.jpeg

3rd coffee - also part of the jet lag program - love the Lavazza coffee they have in the lounge. And I’m not a coffee drinker. And some edemame.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I’m doing my usual jet lag prevention diet and today is a low calorie day with carbs for dinner.

Cannot make out most of what is on this plate.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

11 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Cannot make out most of what is on this plate.

Nor could I!   Very pathetic piece of pita, hummus, tazaiki ( with no garlic as far as I could tell ), potato salad - and corn chips with salsa, the only thing worth eating on the plate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

1E89B802-8C5A-4704-8493-53583225788B.thumb.jpeg.5ef70bafed7bfe8da9c5ae7469edce6c.jpeg

So here we are again - @Alleguede and I are in the Air Canada Lounge awaiting our flight to Paris. This year we have a booth at the Salon du Chocolat and EZtemper is a sponsor of the World Chocolate Masters.

We were given a tour of the Air Canada Signature Lounge - @Alleguede supplies the bread, ice cream and viennoisere for this very posh lounge. It was rather depressing to come back to the regular business class lounge with it’s sad breads and other food. I’m doing my usual jet lag prevention diet and today is a low calorie day with carbs for dinner.

2ADDF03B-4369-46EA-86B1-EF46EF540932.thumb.jpeg.6569101609189f8424b9339d69e94019.jpeg

88a does not sound like business class. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

We were given a tour of the Air Canada Signature Lounge - @Alleguede supplies the bread, ice cream and viennoisere for this very posh lounge.

Really? Wow! Good for him, that's truly very impressive and must be very hard work! I'm not saying it well, I really bow to him. 🙂 

Edited by FauxPas (log)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Breakfast - such as it was

Was this your only meal on this long flight?

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

47 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Yes - Rodney has some - said it sucked!

Wow. Things are really going downhill as far as cheer of flying goes. 

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog