• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Chocdoc Goûte Paris

Kerry Beal

Here I sit with @Alleguede in the lounge at Pearson Airport waiting to leave for Paris. We have a booth at the Salon du Chocolat business to business section to introduce the EZtemper to Europe and that will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. @Alleguede mentioned I better bring my runners because, Paris being his original home, we are going to be going to a lot of places. 

I am of course doing my jet lag program again and unfortunately this is one of the 'fasting' days so I don't get to eat too much and it needs to be carbs at this time of day. So checking out the offerings here in the lounge I got some mashed potatoes, a bit of pasta, some corn salad and a handful of corn chips with salsa and guac. Of course I forgot to take a picture before I started eating!

IMG_6961.JPG.883257f9efde60d984db2f5da97dfd1c.JPG

It's just about 6 pm - time for the 3 cups of black coffee!

• Like 11

Bon voyage. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Third painful cup - have I mentioned how much I dislike black coffee - added a bit of Grand Marnier which would probably be nice if there were cream in there!

IMG_6963.thumb.jpg.3a6a0e4bfe0d210c8505921dbd94df11.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

G.M is very decent on it own

no potted plants nearby for the non-GM fluids ?

Not a potted plant in sight! I quite like GM but it's doing nothing for this black coffee. But it's better than the little dribble of Baileys I put in the last cup.

My breakfast / dinner from last night and breakfast together - ate the protein

IMG_6972.thumb.JPG.81f423a3d786c5a3cc835ab882307c39.JPG

IMG_6975.thumb.JPG.857cffd0b6379d05d6fc3965da69e7a3.JPG

IMG_6985.thumb.JPG.e305a9ef8290c68d201871b6791b7090.JPG

IMG_6994.thumb.JPG.1084e23611b9a4b1a5109a2988c56d1f.JPG

very foggy now that we have landed

• Like 6

this thread is going to be extremely painful to follow.

I just had a bowl of cold cereal.

smile.gif.cb92aa07a5411a3ec63e956dcfd839ef.gif

warnings might be helpful , say , before the Cheese Board shows up

as an example

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beebs said:

An entire warehouse shelf of fois gras!! Who knew such things existed!! 

How did you resist spending an entire month's paycheque in there? Or did you?!?! 

I know, right?  I could have spent her whole vacation time just walking around in that store.

• Like 5