• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Fast Slow Pro... Anyone hankering after this?

Anna N

Click

This is Breville’s entry into the electric pressure cooker market.  I am usually a huge fan of anything this company markets but not this time. 

Aside from the price which presently is $277 Canadian, the non-removable lid is the first dealbreaker!

Anyone own one?   Anyone wish they did? Anyone understand why the reviewer concludes that there are more pros than cons in this review? Over to you. 

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I too am a Breville fan and I looked at this before I eventually bought the IP.  I decided that the IP met my needs for about 1/3 of the price of the Breville.  I also remembered that they had barely launched it when they had to do a recall.  That made the decision even easier.  I would rather do the pressure releaee myself snd know when it is going to happen rather than be surprised when it sctually goes off with my hand or arm in front of it.

Interesting

BV  makes some fine stuff

granted the BVXL doesn't have a light

and somehow the Folks DownUnder missed  Steam-Cooking , in a big way 

they do include a basket , which for me takes the iPot to a whole new levvel

but the issues w the top are a killer Id way

like the display though .....

P.S.:  Amazon has certified refurbished ones

wonder is they are the real led produce  , ' fixed? '

Edited by rotuts (log)

31 minutes ago, rotuts said:

granted the BVXL doesn't have a light

The new Breville Air does have a light.  When you open the oven door, the light comes on automatically.

Edited by ElsieD (log)