• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

add more info

I have to go back into my flavor memory, but I don't remember it being smoky or with bergamot/citrus flavors.   The Kusmi tea blends didn't sound close in description to me.  

I now found an empty box that I guess I kept in the back of the tea cupboard for reference when I realized the brand disappeared.   it states "Jackson's of Piccadilly Russian Tea, a Delicate Tea.  Russian tea is delicate and light in colour.  It is best drunk in the afternoon and evening with a slice of lemon and a little sugar."  in English, French and German.

No ingredients or tea varieties are listed unfortunately.

All the Russian Caravan and Russian style teas I have researched seem to sound the opposite of delicate.

I've ordered a sample of Harney's Russian Country to test.   

I discovered this tea back when the Phoenician Resort started it's High Tea and they exclusively had Jackson's teas at the time.   That was quite some time ago.

edit:  There is a line on one side of the box that states "A Blend of Russian Teas".  Well, that's vague.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I have to go back into my flavor memory, but I don't remember it being smoky or with bergamot/citrus flavors.   The Kusmi tea blends didn't sound close in description to me.  

I now found an empty box that I guess I kept in the back of the tea cupboard for reference when I realized the brand disappeared.   it states "Jackson's of Piccadilly Russian Tea, a Delicate Tea.  Russian tea is delicate and light in colour.  It is best drunk in the afternoon and evening with a slice of lemon and a little sugar."  in English, French and German.

No ingredients or tea varieties are listed unfortunately.

All the Russian Caravan and Russian style teas I have researched seem to sound the opposite of delicate.

I've ordered a sample of Harney's Russian Country to test.   

I discovered this tea back when the Phoenician Resort started it's High Tea and they exclusively had Jackson's teas at the time.   That was quite some time ago.