• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whipping cream NO2 chargers such as iSi Gourmet

lindaj1

Just buy the ISI and don't fret about it. Although one of my nozzles doesn't seal properly and has to be replaced. As to cartridges I buy the least expensive I can find and it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't use mine a lot but I am trying to train myself to point it away from me when charging.

• Like 1

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

I have three iSi  --  two one liter and one half liter -- using the 1/2 liter tonight.

Though I'd research cartridges a bit.  I buy from Creamright, myself:

http://www.creamright.com/

Even so, depending what I'm doing, I wear safety goggles.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Thank you for the replies!  Very much appreciated.  Does everyone buy the $100 Isi Gourmet?  Is there some other brand (model number please) that is as good?  I am pre-purchase so I need exact description as well as where to buy.

2 hours ago, lindaj1 said:

Thank you for the replies!  Very much appreciated.  Does everyone buy the $100 Isi Gourmet?  Is there some other brand (model number please) that is as good?  I am pre-purchase so I need exact description as well as where to buy.

If you just want to whip cream the least expensive iSi should do.  But the all stainless steel and silicone ones offer so much more.  Plus, they go in the dishwasher.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou