• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My recipe collection online

shain

I'm keeping my recpies online for a while, but just recently made them available publicly in order to share with my family. And I'd also like to share them with you all.
A few notes -

my recpies are all written in Hebrew, this link is translated by Google translate. For this reason things can be pretty strange - take for example the recpies for "Discharge salad", "Carp Nutella" and "Lavana with Pual". Also, the index is sorted in Hebrew, so the English ordering is pretty random, and the letter-headers are strange.

If something intrigues you, please feel free to ask me to explain/correct it - I wouldn't trust those translated instructions.
I will add pictures once I figure out how to share them in bulk.
Link  
Edited by shain (log)
  • Like 6

~ Shai N.

@shain

Thanks for sharing your recipe collection with a link to your own hosting site.  Unfortunately I can’t get it  to work at the moment. This may be operator error on my part.   Certainly wouldn’t be the first time.xD

Edited by Anna N (log)

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Thank you.

You are right the translations are wildly amusing. “ A generous itching of nutmeg”. 

It will take me a while to go through them all but I do so admire what you post that I’m sure I will be attempting some of them. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

3 hours ago, KennethT said:

Some of those translations are hilarious... what are "My Batteries" and "Discharge salad"?

My battaries xD

This stands for matzo brie. 

And "discharge" should have been frikeh. 

Edited by shain (log)
  • Haha 1

~ Shai N.