• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easy snack – courgette in pancake batter

Kasia

Easy snack – courgette in pancake batter

Though you can buy courgettes all year round, dishes with them in are associated with autumn. Stuffed courgette with meat or vegetables, crumpets and tarts are on the table mainly in October.

Today I would like to share with you a recipe for an extremely simple and quick snack. Courgette in pancake batter is excellent as a side dish or a light supper. I prepared a yoghurt garlic-dill sauce for it. I think it will also be great with spicy tomato salsa or simply with horseradish.

Ingredients
500g of courgette
170ml of milk
50ml of oil
6 tablespoons of wholemeal flour
1 egg
3 tablespoons of Parmesan
1 tablespoon of minced thyme
salt and pepper
sauce:
200g of natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons of minced dill
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper
clarified butter

Crush a clove of garlic. Mix the yoghurt with the garlic and dill and spice it up with salt and pepper. Leave it to one side.
Pour the milk and oil onto a flat dish, add the egg and mix them together. Add the flour, thyme and Parmesan, spice it up with salt and pepper and stir. Leave the dough for 15 minutes.
Slice the courgette into 1-cm slices. Dip the slices of courgette in the dough and fry in butter until they are golden. Take them out of the pan and drain on a kitchen towel.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_1023b.jpg

• Like 2

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram