• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc - Checking out Chocolate in Belgium

Kerry Beal

2 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

I look forward to the review. I looked at the price for the mol d'art and continued to use my glass bowls and the microwave. But "fraction of the cost" gets my attention. I'm guessing a melter or two might help reduce some of the bowl juggling.

A melter or three with an EZTemper will mean no more bowl juggling at all. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

I look forward to the review. I looked at the price for the mol d'art and continued to use my glass bowls and the microwave. But "fraction of the cost" gets my attention. I'm guessing a melter or two might help reduce some of the bowl juggling.

The cost in Europe is 99 euro - haven't found them for sale in the us yet - but I have an email out to the exclusive distributor and I'm asking the owner here to find out who his Canadian distributor is.

• Like 1

Seen in the airport! Not Delerium brand

IMG_6804.thumb.JPG.9f3d151f34c2ac574172c09d9e920f61.JPG

IMG_6805.thumb.JPG.66a76d79f7a3085c628cfc3ee8f72fa2.JPG

very short visit to the lounge - herbal lime and rosehip with raspberry - grabbed a couple of extra bags when I left if I need them for the flight 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Seen in the airport! Not Delerium brand

IMG_6804.thumb.JPG.9f3d151f34c2ac574172c09d9e920f61.JPG

IMG_6805.thumb.JPG.66a76d79f7a3085c628cfc3ee8f72fa2.JPG

very short visit to the lounge - herbal lime and rosehip with raspberry - grabbed a couple of extra bags when I left if I need them for the flight 

For the flight I would have grabbed two bottles of Duvel ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

on the ones Ive seen in LV , you don't even have to light-up.

just inhale deeply.

Strangely I could see no smoke in there 

We are boarded the flight from Munich to Toronto - found a bottle of Ramazotti Amaro at the airport so all is not lost! 

I've already consumed the bottle of water provided and I'm most of the way through the glass they just brought around. Hoping I don't get anyone in the seat next to me since I've already spread all my projects across the common area.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Packing the luggage is still a bit of an issue though.

Some people would just ditch their dirty laundry somewhere, killing two birds.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Some people would just ditch their dirty laundry somewhere, killing two birds.

I think I'm a bit too thrifty for that - when you find a shirt that fits...

• Like 3

I don't seem to be able to download the pasta pics - not pretty so no loss

45 min to landing and so ends my adventure in Belgium - but stay tuned for next week when I head off to Paris!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

45 min to landing and so ends my adventure in Belgium - but stay tuned for next week when I head off to Paris!

Woman, you are a super -traveler.  It takes me a day to recover from going to the big city for a few hours O.o.  I admire you!

Can't wait for Paris.  How many days will you be there?  

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Woman, you are a super -traveler.  It takes me a day to recover from going to the big city for a few hours O.o.  I admire you!

Can't wait for Paris.  How many days will you be there?  

I think it works out to about 10 days. 

• Like 2

For those of you interested in the melter that Kerry crammed in her suitcase to take home for a trial run, I found a video/advertisement for that melter.  At about the 30 second mark you can see the melter in relation to a chocolate mold. Also a link to Croquade's US website http://www.croquade.us/chocolate-machine.html.

Looks like this group in Delaware is a reseller and they have more details about the melter http://www.croquade.com/la-chocolatiere.

Edited by curls
added website links (log)
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

And you bothered to go back across the ocean in between? (Unless you mean Paris, Ontario?)

• Like 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

1 hour ago, MelissaH said:

And you bothered to go back across the ocean in between? (Unless you mean Paris, Ontario?)

Strangely I feel it is important to stay married. Just got back from Texas, going to Seattle after Paris.

• Like 3