• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jim Beam Apple

lindag

I was influenced by the ads for this I saw on TV and bought a fifth.

Big disappointment; it has an odd smell and I don't care for the taste.  Now I'm trying to find additives that will change the taste.

Okay, I find it beyond hilarious that there is a cocktail that tries to taste like a green apple jolly rancher candy. Jolly Ranchers are up there with the worst candy on earth. 

My dentist related a story about a fifteen year old boy, a patient of hers, who had an entire mouthful of rotten teeth that had to be replaced due solely to a Jolly Rancher habit. Le Chaim! Clearly I need to go do something else. But seriously, how is that drinkable? 

I just poured myself a highball with the Jim Beam Apple...mixed it with about an ounce of Compari and filled the glass with soda. It's better...still not great, but at least drinkable.  And it's a prettycolor.

Edited by lindag (log)