• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
lindag

Jim Beam Apple

I was influenced by the ads for this I saw on TV and bought a fifth.

Big disappointment; it has an odd smell and I don't care for the taste.  Now I'm trying to find additives that will change the taste.

I tried a sample...  Maybe look to see what other people have done with green Jolly Ranchers?

• Haha 2

1 oz Beam Apple

1 oz Fireball

1 oz Midori

1 oz Parfait Amour

Stir, strain, insulin-rinsed coupe. Garnish with said green Jolly Rancher.

• Delicious 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, I find it beyond hilarious that there is a cocktail that tries to taste like a green apple jolly rancher candy. Jolly Ranchers are up there with the worst candy on earth. 

My dentist related a story about a fifteen year old boy, a patient of hers, who had an entire mouthful of rotten teeth that had to be replaced due solely to a Jolly Rancher habit. Le Chaim! Clearly I need to go do something else. But seriously, how is that drinkable? 

I just poured myself a highball with the Jim Beam Apple...mixed it with about an ounce of Compari and filled the glass with soda. It's better...still not great, but at least drinkable.  And it's a prettycolor.

Edited by lindag (log)

Sign in to follow this