• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Workshop 2018 Niagara on the Lake

Kerry Beal

10 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

How many do you think we will be on Thursday?

My wife Janet and I are driving from Chicago on Thursday, so I'm not sure when we'll arrive.  I'd like to join for dinner Thurs, but can't promise.  We'll have a car, and might be able to help shuttle people around, but Janet might be using it during the daytime while we're playing.

8 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Obviously I'm in for Thursday dinner :P

Sorry for the late reply...been busy getting stuff buttoned up with wholesale and online orders before the exodus! 

So who's going to organize it?

11 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

So who's going to organize it?

Idk, looked like Bob and Donna were doing some prelim research, so I vote one of those two!

Otherwise I would be more than willing to take on the task, but I can with full confidence say I will not be able to make any arrangements until I'm on the ground in either Detroit on my layover or in Buffalo on Thursday morning...so if everyone thinks that is enough time to make a reservation, then sign me up!

7 hours ago, ChocolateMom said:

@patris  - Kerry has said she will pay you for my bowl on the Thursday and I will pay her back in US cash. They look beautiful!

Got it - sorry I won't see you in person and thank you!

• Like 1

Patty

I’m planning to be there Thursday. Definitely a yes for Tomric not sure about dinner — have some sightseeing I would like to do & that is my one day to do it.

Ruth, I am so sad to hear you are not coming.  I was so looking forward to meeting you.

i am up for dinner on Thursday.  I am in NITL now and can try to make reservations for all, but it is easier if you would please text me if you would like to go... +13104031393.  Text me by 5pm on Wednesday and I'll put it together and text everyone back on Thursday.

As usual I'm late to the party on Egullet. First, cant believe Ruth is missing the trip. You are the reason I ever started attending. You will be missed.

Our only experience with dining in NOTL is treadwell. It was delicious. 

We arrive in Toronto on Wednesday (Nancy's Birthday) and will make our way over on Friday in time for the bar class.

We will have a car to shuttle if needed by anyone.

I do wish everyone used their real name on egullet. I read all these posts and always wonder who is posting..lol. 

Looking forward to the workshop.

• Like 1

David Smith

On 5/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, MelissaH said:

I'd be happy to bring my copy of Greweling as well. I'm planning to bring my copies of BraveTart (Stella Parks) and Sweet Miniatures (Flo Braker) as both these books have things I'm interested in playing with.

We'll be driving up on Friday afternoon. Is this going to be the best place for those of us not taking master classes to discuss dinner options for Friday before show and tell?

I would love to make her Cracker Jacks recipe!!!

21 minutes ago, Eat.Choui said:

I would love to make her Cracker Jacks recipe!!!

Haven't brought popcorn or peanuts - I'm sure we have the remaining ingredients if you bring along those two things.

12 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Haven't brought popcorn or peanuts - I'm sure we have the remaining ingredients if you bring along those two things.

I will bring the popcorn :) I got ketchup popcorn seasoning from Bulk Barn too :D 

16 hours ago, Chocolot said:

image.png.463d4a01544b14ae704c45934208e958.png

Sorry to hear that you won't be there Ruth.  We'll all miss you.

• Like 1

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

Hi everyone! Really looking forward to this class and time with you all! Sorry to be so late to the forum. 

Please count me in for Thursday dinner (if it’s not too late).

I haven’t read all the posts yet, but working on it. See you all soon!

DC 

Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate 

• Like 1

Hello to all those who want to do Thursday night dinner.  I stumbled onto a fantastic place today in Niagra Falls, about 20 minutes from NITL.  It is Nautica, a Bosnian restaurant.  If there are enough cars I suggest we go there. Dinner would run about $35-40 with tip person with a bottle of beer or two.  There is a brewery across the street for those who might want to go later.  Beef, pork, veal, chicken (no fish or seafood,despite the name).  There are salads, but no vegetarian meals per se.  Unique and fresh flavors and very hospitable owners.

Please text me at 310-403-1393 to let me know if you are going to attend.  I'm looking forward to introducing you to some unusual and delicious flavors at Nautica.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

elizabeth

Thursday dinner info here.  There are enough folks with cars to offer rides for those who need it to dinner on Thursday.  We will meet down in the lobby of the Hilton Garden Inn at 6:30.  It will take about 20 minutes to get to Nautica on Queen St. in Niagra Falls.  Right now it looks to be about 5-6 folks.  Let me know by text if you want to come along, and I'll up the reservations.  Thanks!  Elizabeth