• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Workshop 2018 Niagara on the Lake

Kerry Beal

8 minutes ago, curls said:

@Kerry Beal, are those rates in Canadian dollars?

Yes Canadian dollars.  When I spoke to her a few hours back she said she needed to send me a code to add in place of using the eGullet Chocolate Conference. The code does not appear to have appeared - but if you have any trouble booking that might be why.

6 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Yes Canadian dollars.  When I spoke to her a few hours back she said she needed to send me a code to add in place of using the eGullet Chocolate Conference. The code does not appear to have appeared - but if you have any trouble booking that might be why.

I haven’t called the hotel yet — probably will this weekend. Hopefully the code will appear by then.

• Like 1

Hey there, thanks Kerry for all your work on this.  I am looking forward to coming and want to make hotel rez's.  I'd love to go to Tomric and Master Class.  So wondering what nights that would entail to book at hotel?  What time do things wrap up on Sunday?  

On 11/29/2017 at 11:18 PM, Kerry Beal said:

The booking code worked! I have made my reservations.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:22 PM, VistaGardens said:

Hey there, thanks Kerry for all your work on this.  I am looking forward to coming and want to make hotel rez's.  I'd love to go to Tomric and Master Class.  So wondering what nights that would entail to book at hotel?  What time do things wrap up on Sunday?  

Sorry - missed that - I think we'll have to do Tomric Thursday - which could mean Wednesday night or Thursday depending on arrival - most people out Sunday.

We usually wrap up by 4 - a bunch of folks always seem to leave earlier to avoid the cleanup!

• Like 1

Looks like Tomric might be out. They are preparing to leave for the National Restaurant Association show and that's a major production so hosting us will be out. 

Perhaps we can arrange preorders from there though and find a way to get stuff across to Niagara. 

Other thoughts - in the past we've put in individual orders to Chocolat- Chocolat and had them send a single large shipment to me.

We can likely do the same from Design and Realization

• 1 month later...

I booked my room at the Hilton for Friday to Sunday. Given that this will be the first anniversary of my father-in-law's death and the spouse will be with me, I may be dividing my time between workshops and her. Disappointing that Tomric isn't a go this time. But would be great if we can maybe place orders and have them brought over (definitely helpful for those of us Canadians).

So I was talking to Brian again yesterday - he says he will make sure there is something for us on Thursday at Tomric - perhaps not as fancy as in the past. Sorry I didn't find this out earlier.

• Like 1

@Kerry Beal just checking on the schedule given your last update. Are you planning for Thursday at Tomric, Friday master class in NOTL, and Saturday & Sunday workshop in NOTL?  Just trying to get my lodging arrangements set up for pre and post conference.

1 hour ago, curls said:

@Kerry Beal just checking on the schedule given your last update. Are you planning for Thursday at Tomric, Friday master class in NOTL, and Saturday & Sunday workshop in NOTL?  Just trying to get my lodging arrangements set up for pre and post conference.

Yes

On 1/24/2018 at 2:47 PM, ChocolateMom said:

So I'm definitely going to miss Tomric on Thursday. @Kerry Beal would I be able to place an order perhaps for you to bring back when I see you on the Friday or Saturday...depending on when the meet/greet and chocolate sharing night occurs?

For sure - there will be enough of us going across that we can bring back what folks want.

RobertM

gfron1 (tentative)

pastryani

tikidoc (perhaps +1)

ChocolateMom

Audrey Brown

TandemChocoPC

Chocolot

MelissaH (pending)

Beets3

YetiChocolates (very big maybe)

VistaGardens

Diana D

Gwbyls (a very strong maybe)

Chocoera + 1 staff 

Beth Wilson (tentative)

lambrecht gourmet

Hi Kerry, Please put me down, too! It will be great to meet everyone. 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, Kerry Beal said:

RobertM

gfron1 (tentative)

pastryani

tikidoc (perhaps +1)

ChocolateMom

Audrey Brown

TandemChocoPC

Chocolot

MelissaH (pending)

Beets3

VistaGardens

Diana D

Chocoera + 1 staff 

Beth Wilson (tentative)

lambrecht gourmet

RobertM

gfron1 (tentative)

pastryani

tikidoc (perhaps +1)

ChocolateMom

Audrey Brown

TandemChocoPC

Chocolot

MelissaH (pending)

Beets3

VistaGardens

Diana D

Chocoera + 1 staff 

Beth Wilson (tentative)

lambrecht gourmet

Sue PEI 

10 hours ago, Sue PEI said:

Hi Kerry, Please put me down, too! It will be great to meet everyone. 

Sue - will Jane be attending with you?

Can everyone PM me their information? If there is a business name I'd appreciate it, also name, address, cell number. Couple of the companies that supply us with stuff for the workshop like to have an idea that they are providing things to potential customers!

Spent the day down at the college yesterday.

I haven't been there since the renovations that interfered with our 2016 plans and I really like what they've done with the place. Located between the two main pastry classrooms are the ovens under a big ventilation system which removes the heat. Also a fabulous dish pit with spray heads and a drive through dishwasher. Keeping the place clean while we work is going to be a piece of cake.

Dave thinks he'll be good to do dinner for us on Saturday night. 

Our only  uncertainty now is the use of a classroom on Friday for the master's classes - I thought that was sorted but apparently they've made some changes around when the next semester starts and what will be in the rooms. I should have heard by now but...

• Like 2

Hi Kerry, do you think you could add me (Kata Ambrus) and my friend (Anna Chi) to the list please? We are very interested in participating in the whole shebang, including the Master Class. PM'ing you my info now :)