• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

IMG_8896.JPG.45e9c970435b6bdb972dff5f2cfde764.JPG

My plans on Saturday were to work 12 hours, come home 8 at night, getting my packing for heading to PMCA done - then heading out first thing in the morning. Breakfast with @patris, then the drive down to Lancaster. Attend the lecture this morning, then the trade show this afternoon - and get all my questions answered and samples arranged for the workshop. Dinner with @lancastermikeand his delightful wife.

Here's what happened instead - Saturday was freezing rain - texted the doc who was to relieve me at 8 pm and asked if she wanted me to stay - which she was thrilled about! So the view above is what greeted me for my drive home yesterday morning. Since southern Ontario and upper NY state were pretty much the same my drive to Lancaster was not going to come off safely. So here I am at home - but it is giving me a chance to catch up on some paperwork for the workshop at least. 

But it does mean my hopes for some great samples is likely not going to happen. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

IMG_8896.JPG.45e9c970435b6bdb972dff5f2cfde764.JPG

My plans on Saturday were to work 12 hours, come home 8 at night, getting my packing for heading to PMCA done - then heading out first thing in the morning. Breakfast with @patris, then the drive down to Lancaster. Attend the lecture this morning, then the trade show this afternoon - and get all my questions answered and samples arranged for the workshop. Dinner with @lancastermikeand his delightful wife.

Here's what happened instead - Saturday was freezing rain - texted the doc who was to relieve me at 8 pm and asked if she wanted me to stay - which she was thrilled about! So the view above is what greeted me for my drive home yesterday morning. Since southern Ontario and upper NY state were pretty much the same my drive to Lancaster was not going to come off safely. So here I am at home - but it is giving me a chance to catch up on some paperwork for the workshop at least.