• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tikidoc

tikidoc

Sent you a PM but Maddie (12 yo) and I are in for workshop and dinner. Me only for both master classes, and Maddie will function as our runner as needed during master classes (and will play computer games on her laptop with headphones when not being told to go get things). She likes being designated helper, so is quite happy with the arrangement. I think having her at the workshop will be great for her. Up to now it’s been me teaching her basics, but she is much more receptive to learning when the teacher is someone other than her mom, and she does want to learn to make chocolates, and she’s pretty creative. We have the same issue when riding our horses together - she is happy to listen when her trainer tells her to do something, but not so much when I tell her the Exact. Same. Thing. So you have one confirmed student for the yearly tempering basics lesson.

tikidoc

tikidoc

Sent you a PM but Maddie (12 yo) and I are in for workshop and dinner. Me only for both master classes, and Maddie will function as our runner as needed during master classes (and will play computer games on her laptop with headphones when not being told to go get things). She likes being designated helper, so is quite happy with the arrangement. I think having her at the workshop will be great for her. Up to now it’s been me teaching her basics, but she is much more receptive to learning when the teacher is someone other than her mom, and she does want to learn to make chocolates, and she’s pretty creative. We have the same issue when riding together - she is happy to listen when her trainer tells her to do something, but not so much when I tell her the Exact. Same. Thing. So you have one confirmed student for the yearly tempering basics lesson.