• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are some good brands for bells and alarms for restaurants?

alimiller

I have a 3-button call button system on 9 tables in my sandwich shop. It is a bit more upscale than your average coffee/cafe so I like to keep the ambiance very quiet and low key. A lot regulars do their work here it so I used a 3 button set to minimize staff moving and walking around unless necessary.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WooshoMoosho said:

I have a 3-button call button system on 9 tables in my sandwich shop. It is a bit more upscale than your average coffee/cafe so I like to keep the ambiance very quiet and low key. A lot regulars do their work here it so I used a 3 button set to minimize staff moving and walking around unless necessary.  

Why do you need 3 buttons?

15 minutes ago, alimiller said:

Why do you need 3 buttons?

My three button bell has a call button, a bill button and a button to cancel the previous call. If a customer presses the bill button, it cancels one trip for my staff to return with the check. It allows the server to go directly to the customer with the check saving a trip. I've ever had customers tell me how peaceful my place is compared to other cafes. 

• Like 1