• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salad with figs and white beans

Kasia

Salad with figs and white beans.

Today I would like to share with you my proposal for an unusual combination: salad with figs and white beans in a spicy parsley sauce. I recommend adding colourful cherry tomatoes to balance the floury taste of the beans and the gently sweet taste of the figs. They will be equally beautiful as a decoration on the dish.

Ingredients (for 2 people):

200g of white beans
2 fresh figs
12 cherry tomatoes
a fistful of blueberries

dip:
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of water
half a chili pepper
2 tablespoons of minced parsley
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper

Dice the onion and chili pepper. Add the olive oil, water, chili pepper, parsley and garlic and stir. Spice it up with salt and pepper and leave for a while.
Soak the beans and leave them for a night. Boil until they are soft. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and the figs into quarters. Mix the beans with half of the dip and leave for half an hour. Arrange the beans, tomatoes, blueberries and figs on a plate. Sprinkle with the rest of the dip.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0984a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram