• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pear soup with ginger and chili pepper

Kasia

Pear soup with ginger and chili pepper

Everyone can see what the weather is like outside. I think the summer has forgotten that it should go on until 21st September. For two weeks - almost without pause - it has been raining and windy, and the temperature doesn't really enthuse. Maybe it should be this way to help pupils at the beginning of the school year. It is difficult to learn when it is sunny outside and the bike and ball are more appealing than books.

Today I would like to propose an almost-autumn fiery soup with white vegetables and pears. The chili pepper and ginger give the soup an interesting flavour and warm us up on rainy afternoons.

Ingredients (for 3 people)
¼ small celery root
10 cm piece of leek (white part)
2 parsley roots
2 cm piece of ginger
2 big pears
2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
vegetable stock
salt and pepper
half a chili pepper
1 tablespoon of nigella

Dice the onion, Garlic and ginger and fry in the butter. Add the cubed celery, leek and parsley root and fry for a while. Don't brown the vegetables. Peel the pears and cube them. Add to the vegetables. Add the vegetable stock and boil until the vegetables are soft. Blend the soup. If necessary, add more vegetable stock to make the right consistency. Sprinkle with the nigella and finely chopped chili pepper.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0953b.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram