• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

If there's still room on the bandwagon, I'd like to buy my first immersion circulator for sous vide.  I don't want the "oven" (the integrated bath appliance), and I don't especially care about Bluetooth and smartphone app features.  What I do care about is ease-of-use, power, and ruggedness/durability.  A legible display and louder sounds would also be nice.  I might also want to sometimes do larger joints in a cooler, rather than single-serve in a small Cambro. Whether I end up using this every day or once a year, I don't want to have to buy another circulator.

The reviews on Amazon don't seem to show any that clearly stand out.

What say you?  Thanks.

boilsover

boilsover

If there's still room on the bandwagon, I'd like to buy my first immersion circulator for sous vide.  I don't want the "oven" (the integrated bath appliance), and I don't especially care about Bluetooth and smartphone app features.  What I do care about is ease-of-use, power, and ruggedness/durability.  Whether I end up using this every day or once a year, I don't want to have to buy another one.

The reviews on Amazon don't seem to show any that clearly stand out.

What say you?  Thanks.