• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fruit salad with salmon and mozzarella cheese

Kasia

Fruit salad with salmon and mozzarella cheese

I think that sometimes everybody is hungry but doesn't know what to eat. We open the fridge and although there is everything inside, we are not in the mood for anything in particular. Salads save the day. You only have to think for a while and with the main ingredients you can prepare a yummy dish. Add egg, beans, chickpeas, or any meat to the salad and you have a rich and equally light and beautiful dish.

Sometimes a combination of ingredients which seemingly don't go together make a yummy and surprising effect. Today I would like to share with you the recipe for a salad with this kind of unusual combination: fruit, pepper, smoked salmon, mozzarella cheese and a spicy sweet-and-sour dip. In my opinion, it tastes heavenly, and you will have to admit it looks beautiful.

Ingredients (for 2 people):

salad:
1 yellow pepper
5 strawberries
2 peaches
200g of mozzarella cheese
200g of smoked salmon
peppermint and basil leaves

dip:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of honey
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
chili pepper
salt and pepper

First make the dip. Dice the chili pepper, and mix in the olive oil, lemon juice and honey. Add the chili pepper and spice it up with the salt and pepper. Mix it in again and leave for a while.
Cut all the ingredients of the salad into smaller pieces. Arrange them in a bowl, sprinkle with the dip and decorate with the peppermint and basil leaves.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0868aa.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram