• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

6 hours ago, blbst36 said:

Anything remotely liquid like doesn't do well in the freezer, sadly.  Even ice cubes melt.  My stock usually ends up a jiggly gel like consistency as it is, though.

Not very?  I mean, it's from store roasted chicken carcasses, so it's probably a bit more salty than a homemade roasted chicken

If the stock is in a ziplock it won't freezer burn or Melt.  Zip locks frozen lying flat can then be stacked and keep forever. 

gfweb

gfweb

6 hours ago, blbst36 said:

Anything remotely liquid like doesn't do well in the freezer, sadly.  Even ice cubes melt.  My stock usually ends up a jiggly gel like consistency as it is, though.

Not very?  I mean, it's from store roasted chicken carcasses, so it's probably a bit more salty than a homemade roasted chicken

If the stock is in a ziplock it won't freezer burn or turn to jelly