• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In search of the ideal breakfast – buckwheat pudding with almonds and banana

Kasia

In search of the ideal breakfast – buckwheat pudding with almonds and banana

As the Chinese proverb goes: "Eat breakfast alone, share lunch with your friends and give dinner to your enemy". There is something to it, because according to dietitians, it is the most important meal of the day, because it should supply you with energy after the night's rest. Apart from weekends and holidays we rarely have enough time to prepare and eat breakfast. I am searching for the kind of breakfast which will supply a lot of nutrients and let us start our day pleasantly.

Today for the first time I used buckwheat groats for preparing breakfast. I know that not everyone likes them because of their heavy "smoky" taste and smell. For breakfast I recommend using unroasted buckwheat groats. They are light and in my opinion have a slightly nutty taste, and if we only scour and soak them, the groats don't lose their fibre and valuable vitamins.

I found the recipe for this breakfast in the book "Zielone koktajle. 365 przepisów" ("Green cocktails. 365 recipes").

Ingredients:
60g of unroasted buckwheat groats
1 banana
3 dates
150ml of almond milk
half a teaspoon of cinnamon
fruit and almonds for decoration

Scour the unroasted buckwheat groats and soak them the day before. Drain them and blend with the banana, dates and almond milk. Decorate with fruit and almonds before serving.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0859a.jpg

Kasia Warsaw/Poland

www.home-madepatchwork.com

follow me on Facebook and Instagram

1 hour ago, Kasia said:

As the Chinese proverb goes: "Eat breakfast alone, share lunch with your friends and give dinner to your enemy".

It isn't Chinese. It is most often said to be Russian, but I've also seen it cited as being Mongolian.

• Thanks 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto