• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat now in Northwest Arkansas

joiei

I will be traveling through on Saturday heading to Kimberling City, MO to judge SCA steaks on Sat and KCBS bbq on Sunday at Boats and Bones.  Looking for recommendations for a fun lunch on Saturday in the Fayetteville up to Bentonville area.  There has been all kinds of new places open and I have not been able to keep up.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Arsaga at the Market in downtown Fayetteville gets rave reviews. I haven't been. If you want a good, old fashioned burger (or a fine prime rib sandwich), Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville is still there. As is the Suzie Q in downtown Rogers. Tusk and Trotter in downtown B'ville supposed to be very good; haven't been there, either.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

20 hours ago, kayb said:

Arsaga at the Market in downtown Fayetteville gets rave reviews. I haven't been. If you want a good, old fashioned burger (or a fine prime rib sandwich), Fred's Hickory Inn in Bentonville is still there. As is the Suzie Q in downtown Rogers. Tusk and Trotter in downtown B'ville supposed to be very good; haven't been there, either.

I have eaten at Tusk and Trotter a couple of times, very good brunch, order the carrot cake waffle.  Susie Q looks like it has potential.  We have several old line burger joints over here that are worth their reputation.  Thanks for the suggestions.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 7 months later...

I was back over to Bentonville to go to Crystal Bridges, I love that museum.  On the way home stopped off at Onyx Coffee Lab for a cup to go.  WOW, great coffee.  Between NWA and over here we are starting to get some really good coffee roasters and shops with excellent baristas in this part of the world.  

• 9 months later...
On 4/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, joiei said:

I was back over to Bentonville to go to Crystal Bridges, I love that museum.  On the way home stopped off at Onyx Coffee Lab for a cup to go.  WOW, great coffee.  Between NWA and over here we are starting to get some really good coffee roasters and shops with excellent baristas in this part of the world.  

I am obsessing over Onyx. Their black salt mocha with oat milk (my preferred option) is simply the best mocha I've ever had!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 2:51 PM, gfron1 said:

I am obsessing over Onyx. Their black salt mocha with oat milk (my preferred option) is simply the best mocha I've ever had!

apparently they have opened their new facility in downtown Rogers

• Like 1

FWIW, I can strongly recommend Arsaga at the Depot in Fayetteville (the restaurant, not the coffee-and-pastry shop just off the square) for breakfast. Good coffee, too.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com