• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IEATRIO

IEATRIO

I will be in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, at the end of the month.  I am hoping to arrange for some lessons at the Sichuan Higher Institute of Cuisine, but having a lot of trouble finding somebody to contact to try to make arrangements.  The agents who frequently arrange these classes seem to have gone defunct.  I have found some other cooking classes, but they seem rather geared to tourists interested in food, rather than to cooks, and rather basic.  If anybody can put me in touch with somebody who could help, I would be grateful. 

IEATRIO

IEATRIO

I will be in Chengdu at the end of the month and hoping to arrange for some lessons at the Sichuan Higher Institute of Cuisine, but having a lot of trouble finding somebody to contact.  The agents who frequently arrange these classes seem to have gone defunct.  I have found some other cooking classes, but they seem rather geared to tourists interested in food, rather than to cooks, and rather basic.  If anybody can put me in touch with somebody who could help, I would be grateful.