• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

For spelking

I spent a week in Hawai'i as a college graduation gift from my parents (I went with a family friend who had a timeshare there).

I was amazed to see roadside barbecues. I guess it's how they do fundraisers for boys scouts or whatever. They set up a couple of half-barrels and fill it with wood or coal, throw a metal screen over the top and BBQ chicken halves. If you're hungry, you pull over, pay up and take the food to go.

Thank you @kayb for your wonderful story.

edited for spelking

Toliver

Toliver

I spent a week in Hawai'i as a college graduation gift from m parents (I went with a family friend who had a timeshare there).

I was amazed to see roadside barbecues. I guess it's how they do fundraisers for boys scouts or whatever. They set up a couple of half-barrels and fill it with wood or coal, throw a metal screen over the top and BBQ chicken halves. If you're hungry, you pull over, pay up and take the food to go.

Thank you @kayb for your wonderful story.