• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kerry Beal

Chocdoc Does Dallas

Tri2Cook   
18 minutes ago, lindag said:

I apologize, I assumed they belonged to some random stranger who parked next to you.

Even then, it's just feet. No cause for alarm. 

• Like 3

FauxPas   

So @Kerry Beal, do you think it was a good use of your advertising dollar to attend? I hope so and I hope you guys had fun, too! 

Just now, FauxPas said:

So @Kerry Beal, do you think it was a good use of your advertising dollar to attend? I hope so and I hope you guys had fun, too! 

Remarkably good I think in spite of the disorganization. 

• Like 7

FauxPas   
1 minute ago, Kerry Beal said:

Remarkably good I think in spite of the disorganization. 

Was the disorganization typical for this event, do you know? Is it an event you would encourage others to attend? (Not asking for myself at all, just a general question for people who might be interested in attending.) :)

6 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

Was the disorganization typical for this event, do you know? Is it an event you would encourage others to attend? (Not asking for myself at all, just a general question for people who might be interested in attending.) :)

Apparently it has improved over the 7 years it's been running! I think it was a good venue for the folks selling chocolate.

• Like 2

Just had to share this - things we bought while away were a lot of items from various vendors for @Alleguede to test. For myself I brought back 4 truffles from CocaAndré and some bars from Xocalla - an EZtemper owner from the Houston area for Lisabeth at the Ultimately Chocolate Blog to evaluate. 

IMG_6048.jpg.3c74267b6bffe116428bd98e5e37a2b5.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg.448ad1bb6246b6a02b0a9f02776baf29.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg.946509ef100308bbd8ff944f7b8f2389.jpg

Tony made sure I had one of these! His handcrafted gianduja with a whole lot of whole hazelnuts! I need to find a place to hide it from the hubby. 

• Like 10

MelissaH   
53 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Tony made sure I had one of these! His handcrafted gianduja with a whole lot of whole hazelnuts! I need to find a place to hide it from the hubby. 

No problem: give it to ME for safekeeping, and he'll never get his paws on it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

caroled   
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Just had to share this - things we bought while away were a lot of items from various vendors for @Alleguede to test. For myself I brought back 4 truffles from CocaAndré and some bars from Xocalla - an EZtemper owner from the Houston area for Lisabeth at the Ultimately Chocolate Blog to evaluate. 

IMG_6048.jpg.3c74267b6bffe116428bd98e5e37a2b5.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg.448ad1bb6246b6a02b0a9f02776baf29.jpg

In your tummy!!!

• Like 1