• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc Does Dallas

Kerry Beal

4 minutes ago, rotuts said:

just to put in my two cents :

Chicken Fried Steak

when done well , 

is delicious

otherwise

chewy ( for the CFS )  and gloppie ( for the gravy )

too bad yours was not decent.

BTW

those tacos really did look like the real deal

green beans aside.

Mine was excellent! Perfect breading, gravy was excellent, delicated beef was easy to cut!

• Like 5

In our travels in Deep Ellum today we found a restaurant supply/refrigeration place.  Lots of neat old things - only one got a picture though.

B2C9E584-ECB7-4FC6-9AF6-94C0BDB37B57.thumb.jpeg.5da73403e7de763fda8bbc65cb4a82f5.jpeg

Over to the right you can see a nice old oak ice box 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 10

The plane was nowhere to be seen at the gate around the time that loading should have occurred - it finally showed up and as we were embarking I heard the gate staff say something about no food on the plane. 

Well - then they handed us a menu - but by the time they got to taking our request - there wasn't anything we wanted to eat on the plane. Well there were the two bowls of nuts - but they hardly count.

But....

IMG_E2572.thumb.jpg.cb04a0e5d6f5525f7bfe3f72a9d3bf03.jpg

IMG_2573.thumb.jpg.121aa9d959ccd581eb55970a898b2f68.jpg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

The plane was nowhere to be seen at the gate around the time that loading should have occurred - it finally showed up and as we were embarking I heard the gate staff say something about no food on the plane. 

Well - then they handed us a menu - but by the time they got to taking our request - there wasn't anything we wanted to eat on the plane. Well there were the two bowls of nuts - but they hardly count.

But....

IMG_E2572.thumb.jpg.cb04a0e5d6f5525f7bfe3f72a9d3bf03.jpg

IMG_2573.thumb.jpg.121aa9d959ccd581eb55970a898b2f68.jpg

Though I for one would not have turned down the nuts.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou